Often time, children may not be able to notice & articulate that their vision has changed. So it is important:
1. For parents and caregivers to observe how a child uses his or her eyes.
2. Regular Comprehensive Eye Exams are essential! Annual School Vision Screening is not sufficient.
This 45 mins eye examination, to give us a more comprehensive view of your child’s eyes, this takes us on a journey through their visual system, from the front to the back of their eyes.
Starting from detailed history taking with you as parents or caregivers, to understand their vision habits, school performance, and family history. We will assess how well they see, their ability and stamina to focus, the pressure of their eyeball, taking digital photos of the front and back of their eyes.
Our goal is to detect early changes with a specific focus on short-sighted, long-sighted, astigmatism, squint eyes, lazy eyes (amblyopia), droopy eyelids, in-grown eyelashes, inward-turning eyelids, etc Any eye conditions that need tertiary care will be referred accordingly.
We see this as a very important part of healthy vision and that is why we have intentionally priced this service to be very affordable so that everyone can benefit.
This is a detailed eye examination, including interviewing parents to understand myopia and other common eye diseases in the family tree, child's daily activity, and lifestyle. These are important information that allows us to determine the risk of myopia and differentiate slow versus fast myopia progressors. Then we will run a series of tests, to assess how well they can see far and their visual stamina to maintain clear sharp near vision. This consult will take about 45 mins, It includes:
- Detail Interview of parent & child
- Color Vision & 3D Vision
- Eye Muscle Status & Stamina
- Accommodation Status & Stamina
- Refraction (Distance & Near)
- Digital Corneal Imaging and examination
- Digital Retinal Imaging and examination
- Consult on the latest solution, discuss the pros and cons of each and determine next steps
Choose this program if your kids already have myopia.