For early presbyope, you may be able to delay wearing presbyopic glasses or contact lenses by:
- Improve the lighting of your environment
- Increase the font size (if applicable)
- If you are myopic, removing your glasses (for seeing far), may help you in your reading
However, if you are still struggling, do come in and talk to us, there are many options available to help you.
These are still the most common and successful way of mitigating presbyopic symptoms. Ways to correct
- Single vision readers. Reading glasses that you put on only put them on when you need to read.
- Bi-focal & Multi-focal ophthalmic lenses. These are lenses made with multiple focal points. Bifocal lenses have 2 focusing points, usually one for far and one for near. Multi-focal also known as Progressive lenses, have multiple focusing points, allow clear vision for far, intermediate, and near.
Among our customers, Progressive lenses are the most commonly prescribed and have the highest level of satisfaction. Having a well-fitted pair of progressive lenses can really elevate the lifestyle of the wearers, that is why we believe that progressive lenses need to be tailor-made to your needs.
Read more about how we tailor fit progressive to your needs.
You are no longer restricted to glasses to correct presbyopia. You can now enjoy your night out, your favorite sports or sunglasses, contact lenses is a very good alternative.
The 2 most common options are
a. Monovision Contact Lenses, where one eye is given clear distance vision and the other is a near prescription. Adaption period is required for these lenses.
b. Multifocal/ Progressive Contact Lenses, like with glasses, there are multifocal points in these contact lenses, providing functional vision for both distance and near. Adaption period is required for these lenses.